A herculean mystery surrounds the concept of internet marketing except for those technical persons in the know. Setting up a global business got so much simplified! Expenses are terribly reduced with no need for the brick and mortar store though larger concerns have it in addition to the online outlet. With a fewer staff and much less hassles and security concerns, you get a global market to sell goods, products and services. Flipkart is only one of the many giants that are making lots of hay in a world where the sun perpetually shines.
The first step would be the fabulously designed website that makes the customers feel like buying and convinces them of authenticity. Many strange illegal fish lurk in that internet ocean after all. Advertising the website through social media, word of mouth, flyers and print and broadcast media would follow.
So how do you get into the top ranking pages of the search engines to attract surfers’ attentions? In fact several methods exist that help to obtain higher positions on search engine rankings.
• The first answer would be search engine optimization for the website of course with carefully arranged keywords.
• We live in the age of the video that certainly makes grand impressions with character, voice and gesture to communicate meaning. Action convinces far more than pictures and texts do. Video SEO ranking would uplift chances of higher rankings too and keywords do the trick again.
• Google adwords are a form of paid advertising where advertisements are bought. But then it is no waste because payments are only made when advertisements are clicked by surfers.
• Are we forgetting the good old yellow pages? Certainly not. The directories in Google search results contain yellow pages too.
• Getting into Google listings with the valid address would help further.